Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DC here we come!


So it's time to pack..... This would be our first time traveling with both of our kids across country. We've decided to visit my husband's sisters (my sisters-in-law.) One of them lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and the other one lives in Virginia, right by the border of Washington DC. I am excited to get out of the house for a vacation, we've been way overdue for one. Even thought it might be hard traveling with both of our kids, we are both excited to see family and new advantures. Last time we've visited DC was about 4 years ago, when I was 7 months pregnant with my first.  I love DC, cause it's offers so much to see and so much history behind it. Museums, art galaries, statues, different authentic restaurants and of course the White House.

Anyways, checked the weather and it's promising to be anywhere between 82 deg. High and 65 deg Low with showers. Not to much help, because this means bring warm clothes AND cold clothes for all of us. I am used to traveling with lots of luggages, just in case the weather changes or someone forgets something I would have extras. Due to the extra charge for each luggage checked in, we've decided to travel as light as possible, in addition to taking a stroller (Bugaboo, which is BIG when holded) Carseat and hopefully no more than 2 luggages.

Also due to the high security in airports all liquid items has to be no more than 4 oz. Which is a bit irritating (my daughter drinks anywhere from 6 oz to 8 oz.) which means I would have to split her one feeding between 2 bottles. I guess I am not complaning too much, cause the high security is there for our safety. SO I went out and bought anything I could buy in mini/ travel sizes. Shampoos, hair gels, deodorants, toothpastes, travel packs formula, kids drinks, and snacks, even bought this tiny hair straightner for my self.


 
At last everything thats left to do is to iron, fold and neatly stuff it in the luggage. That's what I'll be doing for the next 3 days....


No comments:

Post a Comment